viernes, 20 de agosto de 2010

Emotional Spectrum

Postearé en Breve la traducción de este poema.

I am trapped between the seven deadliest creatures of all,



those beasts within everyone,



within every soul among the stars.







They carry the colours of the rainbow,



deadly spectrum,



enslaving multicoloured chains.







Rage, born from the murder of Abel,



tainted in red, like the earth itself,



tainted with the blood of the innocent.







Pride, the tempting serpent,



energy filling the hearts,



tempting us to be like God.







Fear, nightmarish and sickening,



like the yellow fever,



corrupts my body with poisonous dread.







Will, strong like the wind



green whale, hard to beat



unless fear is involved on the feat.







Hope, blue as the sky,



hottest fire, trapped within ice



born from prayer, useless if I give up.







Elusive compassion, indigo like the night



powerful enough to be alone, to be with everyone



just as powerful as every beast, sans one.







The most dangerous of these beasts acts like the predator within the global jungle,



hunting with secrecy, hunting in silence,



mercilessly devouring our past, present and future,



because there is no beast, dead or alive,



so menacing as love itself, with its delicate violet hue.







I am trapped. There is no way to run.



Their eyes are locked on me,



trying to be inside my spirit,



to corrupt me with the selfishness



of being human, of being beast...



of being alive.







Their essences invaded me,



long ago, but they want to possess me now



they want their prey to eat,



my flesh to bite



and my heart to inhabit in.







I am the harlequin,



always the puppeteer,



always there to mock life with empathic and psychotic jokes,



but today, I am just theirs.







Which beast shall win?



Which beast shall die?



Shall I let them eat my soul?



Or shall I eat them without remorse?




Imágen de http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=dark+rainbow#/d1juqft





No intento usar derechos de autor que no me corresponden. Solo para ilustrar.
PD: Inspirado en el concepto de Green lantern, pero adaptado a la realidad humana.

2 comentarios:

Thiago dijo...

Pues cari, yo voy a esperar a la traducción si no te importa, jaaj que mi inglés no es para entender bien todos los matices de la poesía, jaaj


Bezos.

Anahí Vásquez-de-Velasco Z. dijo...

Qué alucinante. También me pierdo entre esas imágenes de vez en cuando... qué loco...